A message from the Rundle Mall Management Authority in response to COVID-19.
Date: 25 March 2020
Rundle Mall is open.
We understand the community concern about COVID-19 and it is a rapidly changing situation, however Rundle Mall shopping Precinct remains open and trading regular hours.
Rundle Mall continues to play an essential role in our community, providing access to essential products and services including food and groceries, pharmacies, medical clinics and many other goods and services.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time, our priority remains unchanged and that is to keep our staff, shoppers and visitors in Rundle Mall safe. The Rundle Mall Management Authority is currently taking advice from the relevant authorities, together with the City of Adelaide, and has already implemented additional health and safety measures in the Mall. We have increased resources dedicated to cleaning high use areas in the Mall and introduced measures to improve efficiency and frequency, ensuring the Mall is an even cleaner and safer environment for traders, shoppers and visitors.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and working closely with retailers, centres and arcades in Rundle Mall to ensure that additional health and safety measures are in place for individual businesses.
Following recent announcements from Prime Minister Scott Morrison the following changes have been implemented in Rundle Mall:
- Food courts in shopping centres will be open for takeaway food only.
- A number of cafes and restaurants will be also offering a takeaway &/or home delivery service. Please see individual stores for details at this time.
- Hairdressers and barber shops will continue to be open with the restrictions of 1 person per 4m2 rule applied to the premises.
Under the recent guidance, the following businesses & services have temporarily closed:
- Restaurants, cafes and pubs if they are unable to offer a takeaway service
- Beauty and personal care services including beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, tattoo parlours, spas and massage parlours
- Pubs, clubs and bars, except those that have accommodation
- Amusement parks and arcades, for example Escape Rooms, Adventure Rooms
- City Library
- Adelaide Visitor Information Centre
- City Guides
- Adelaide Greeters
- Cruise Ship Meet & Greet
We will do our upmost to update our business directory with amended trading hours, so you can stay informed, however we also recommend you check individual stores for details.
Rundle Mall will keep you up to date on a regular basis about how we are responding to COVID-19 and any changes through our social channels, emails and website.
The Federal Department of Health is the central source of truth for all COVID-19 matters. Their website contains comprehensive and up to date information about the situation in Australia and across the world, as well as high and moderate risk countries and the associated travel and self-isolation advice Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert.
Federal Department of Health.
COVID – 19 What you need to know
5 Steps to Clean Hands.