These healthy living tips will keep you mind, body and soul nourished this Autumn/Winter. Stay motivated with radiant glowing skin, healthy food ideasand tips to keep your summer health-kick going.
RECIPE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
BY FOODS FOR LIFE, 55A GAWLER PLACE // SERVES 8
1 whole chicken (free-range) 3 heads fresh corn 9L water 4 lemons (juiced) 500gms pasta (cooked) 9 sticks celery 3 medium onions, finely chopped 1 cup corn flour 1 clove crushed garlic . cup chopped parsley 3 tbsp grated fresh ginger salt & white pepper to taste
Put chicken in stock pot with 9L water and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove top layer when it comes to boil. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the grated ginger, garlic, onion and celery to the stock.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until you have 4L.
- Mix corn flour and . cup of water together, whisk into soup until you have the right consistency.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Add corn kernels and cooked pasta.
- Take the skin off the chicken and then break it down into strands.
- Add chicken (de-boned) to the soup.
- Finish with parsley & lemon.
CLICK to read the full Winter Wellness section