We are fast approaching a change in season. This autumn winter we are seeing denim in fresh new styles.
Here are the must have denim pieces for an instant wardrobe update.
The Midi Skirt
- The midi is a great tran seasonal length that you can wear from summer to winter. It works equally well with a fresh summer tee as it does with a fine or chunky knit.
- The trend is to wear the midi skirt with over the knee boots that come up under the skirt, or ankle boots with an exposed calf. In warmer weather a clean trainer, or tie up sandal complete this look.
The Denim Culotte
- The new denim culotte is ankle grazing. The cropped length is a modern update to the classic trouser, which is universally flattering, and with a drop hem it is right on trend.
- The denim culotte is most flattering in your correct size. Don’t size down as you would in a jean. The correct size will have a flattering A-line shape that skims over your hips, and accentuates or creates a small waist
- Wear with a silk shirt, a denim shirt, chunky knitwear, or even a simple tee.
The Flare Jean
- Flared jeans are leg lengthening, super slimming and perfect to go from day to night.
- Dark indigo is the most flattering shade of blue and teams with pretty much every colour.
- This style of denim is best worn with a heel. If you thought flares weren’t for you, try them on with heels. You won’t be able to resist yourself in them when you see how long and lean they make you look!
The Straight Jean
- The classic straight jean is overtaking the skinny as the must have denim shape for every wardrobe.
- This is the denim you can dress up in for smart casual with a blazer, or with a shirt loosely tucked in.
- The straight jean works equally well with a ballet flat as it does with sky-high heels.
All styles can be found at JAG in Rundle Place just off Rundle Mall they have the best variety of on trend denim.
Tamara Nicole The Rundle Mall Stylist x